Wednesday 16 November 2011

... 9+1

Yesterday I reached week 9! And what is my reward for this milestone? A horrendous sick bug!!

After being kept awake half the night by the bloody cat who kept meowing in my face for no apparent reason, I finally get her settled and snuggled up to me, only to wake up at 5am with awful stomach pains and pouring with sweat. I knew straight away that something was wrong so took myself off to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet and started shaking. I had that familiar feeling that i was about to be very sick so I picked up Leo's step stool, turned it upside down and used it as my sick bucket!

I'll spare you ALL the hideous details but my body was rejecting something in a very extreme way. This wasn't just a little but if sick, it was throwing up over and over again whilst hardly being able to breathe, and only really bringing up bile as my stomach was empty.

Hubby heard me and asked if I was ok, I said "no" and explained that this most definitely was not just morning sickness. He normally leaves for work at 7.15am but anticipating being very unwell I asked him if he would be able to be late for work so that he could take Leo to preschool for me. Thankfully his boss agreed for him to go in late so that I didn't have to deal with getting Leo up, dressed, fed, and to preschool.

To cut a long story short I carried on being sick all day. I think the last time I was sick was at about 4.30pm. I was unable to keep any water down all day and obviously couldn't eat anything. I went to bed at 8.30pm and slept until 7.30am this morning. 11 hours!! Can't remember the last time I slept that long.

Anyway, I woke up feeling loads better this morning and have had some tea and toast. Thankfully I don't have to go to work yesterday. My boss called me last night (after hearing from my colleague how poorly I was) and told me she had arranged cover for me for Wed and Thu so told me to stay home and rest. She is the only one at work who knows I'm pregnant so knows how important it is that I look after myself. I was so so relieved to not have to worry about going to work. I have Friday booked off as annual leave so I have no work at all this week.

I have been a bit worried about the affect that my illness might have had on the baby, not only because of the very violent puking and retching but also the dehydration. I'm really gonna take advantage of the next few days and make sure I rest as much as I can.

It's bad enough being so poorly but then worrying about the little person inside me as well is just horrible! :(

Anyway, moving on - 15 days until my 12 week scan (even though I'll only be 11 weeks) and I can't wait!!! I just want to know everyhing is ok now. I will be SO nervous on the day. I just hope its a lot more positive than the last one!

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor you, that sounds horrible. I remember having a sickness bug when I was pregnant with Matthew - it was just awful, combined with blood sugar going low and not being able to keep down even lucozade to raise it up again!! Hope you're back to 100% very soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby will be fine tucked in there! I had norovirus in early pregnancy with Eetu and he is just fine. Everything goes to baby! Feel better soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Brain Cancer,Lung Cancer,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheriaAmyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete